Tuesday 25 August 2009

And the forecast predicts damp pain!!!


As I write this Richard, Mark and Beth are cruising up the M6 laden with tents, sleeping bags, kit, bikes, food and high hopes!

They are converging on ride HQ (my house) for a pre-ride pasta-fest and briefing (panic)..which may involve a beer or three.

My bike decided to throw a wobbler on my ride last night but 'Bicycle Repair Man' at Arragon Cycles in Penrith saved the day!

The Cumbrian weather looks like it's going to treat us to a very wet 1st day in saddle. This is not the start we were hoping for and I think we are going to be in for a really damp slog up Black Sail Pass. We may need this bicycle umbrella design I found on the web. Now we are all beginning to regret all those missed training opportunities.....there is no escape, no wriggle room, no more excuses.......judgement day arrives...tomorrow!

I now have a confession to make...there's only one thing I hate more than camping.....and that's camping in the wet.
It's going to be real!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you all, I hope you have your waders packed and ready, it sure looks like you are going to get damp.

    Best wishes to you all.

    Andy P (Colne).

    ReplyDelete